Antonio Aiello received his Ph.D. at the University of Rome "La Sapienza" Italy, in 1994. Before joining in Dec. 2011 the Department of Political and Social Sciences of the Pisa University (Pisa, Italy) and the Dep. of Psychology of Cagliari University (Italy) in 2005 as Associate Professor of Political Psychology, he taught at several research institutions and universities. Professor Aiello has primary research interests in the Social Dominance Theory, developed by J. Sidanius and F. Pratto, in its explaining newest interplay between political issues, ideology and cognitive and epistemic motivation, the connection between ethnic and identities -- considering various level: regional identity, national identity, etc. -- within the context of multiethnic modern societal systems, the political psychology of followers, prejudice and institutional discrimination also in work and organizational contexts.
Other research interests join Professor Aiello to the Economic Psychology and "Work Psychosocial Risk" study fields.
Co-coordinating the Italian UNIPI unit for the project "Umi-Sci-Ed" Horizon 2020 Programs
For an overview:
- Applied Social Psychology
- Attitudes and Beliefs
- Communication, Language
- Culture and Ethnicity
- Group Processes
- Intergroup Relations
- Interpersonal Processes
- Life Satisfaction, Well-Being
- Persuasion, Social Influence
- Political Psychology
- Prejudice and Stereotyping
- Research Methods, Assessment
Research Group or Laboratory:
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Aiello, A. Pratto, F., Pierro A. (2013) Framing Social Dominance Orientation and Power in Organizational Context, Basic and Applied Social Psychology, 35 (5), 487-495, DOI: 10.1080/01973533.2013.823614
- Aiello, A. Tesi, A. (2016). Psychological Well-Being and Work Engagement among Italian Social Workers: The Mediational role of Job Resources. Social Work Research (in press).
- Aiello, A. Tesi, A. (2016). The emotional job demands scale in helping professions. Testing, Psychometrics, Methodology in Applied Psychology. (in press).
- Mosso, C., Briante, G., Aiello, A., & Russo, S. (2013). The role of legitimizing ideologies as predictors of ambivalent sexism in young people: Evidence from Italy and the USA. Social Justice Research, 26, 1-17. doi: 10.1007/s1211-012-0172-9
- Pratto, F., Saguy, T., Stewart, A.L., Morselli, D., Foels, R., Aranda, M., Aiello, A., Chryssochoou, X., Cichocka, A., Çidam, A., Cohrs, C., Durrheim, K., Eicher, V., Górska, P., Lee, I., Licata, L., Li, L., Liu, J., Meyer, I., Muldoon, O., Muluk, H., Petrovic, N., Prati, F., Papastamou, S., Petrovic, I., Prodromitis, G., Rubini, M., van Stekelenburg, J., Sweetman, J., Zheng, W., Henkel, K.E. (2014). Attitudes towards Arab ascendancy: Israeli and global perspectives. Psychological Science. vol. 25 (1). 85-94. DOI: 10.1177/0956797613497021
- Pratto, F., Çidam, A., Stewart, A.L., Bou Zeineddine, F., Aranda, M., Aiello, A., Chryssochoou, X., Cichocka, A., Cohrs, C., Durrheim, K., Eicher, V., Foels, R., Górska, P., Lee, I., Licata, L., Li, L., Liu, J., Morselli, D., Meyer, I., Muldoon, O., Muluk, H., Petrovic, N., Prati, F., Papastamou, S., Petrovic, I., Prodromitis, G., Rubini, M., Saab, R., van Stekelenburg, J., Sweetman, J., Zheng, W., Henkel, K.E. (2013). Social Dominance in Context and in Individuals: Contextual Moderation of Robust Effects of Social Dominance Orientation in 15 languages and 20 countries. Social Psychological and Personality Science. DOI: 10.1177/1948550612473663
- Soru, D., Schiavinato, V., Rhazzali, M. K, Aiello A (2013). “We were like them”: Intersecting Identities and Mediators' Intercultural Communication in a Municipal Service. Jou. of Intercultural Communication , Issue 31. ISSN 1404-1634,
- Stewart, A. L., Pratto, F, Bou Zeineddine, F. Sweetman, J., Eicher, V. Licata, L. Morselli, D., Saab, R. Aiello, A., Chryssochoou, X., Cichocka, A., Cidam, A., Foels, R., Giguere, B., Liu, L., Prati, F., Van Stekelenburgs J. (2016). International Support for the Arab Uprisings: Understanding Sympathetic Collective Action Using Theories of Social Dominance and Social Identity. Group processes & intergroup relations. 19 (1), 6-26. DOI: 10.1177/1368430214558310
- Grad: Communication and Discursive Psychology
- Grad: Economic Psychology
- Undergrad: Intercultural Psychology
- Undergrad: Methodology in Social Psychology
- Undergrad: Political and Community Psychology
Department of Political Sciences
University of Pisa
Via Serafini, No. 3
- Phone: +39 050 221 923
- Fax: +39 050 221 921
- Email: email@example.com